I haven´t visited Chicago yet, but The Bean definitely looks iconic! Thanks for wrapping it all up into one list, saved for the future travels
25+ FREE Things You Can Only Do in Chicago – Chicago, Illinois Travel Guideby jazminmarie United States, Illinois, Chicago
Planning a trip to Chicago, Illinois can get pricey, but it doesn’t have to all be so expensive. It’s easy to get caught up while researching tourist attractions to assume there is nothing for a budget traveler, but some of my favorite activities around Chicago are free. Use this list to fill your Chicago itinerary with fulfilling activities that won’t break the bank:
Here’s a list of 27 Things You Can Do for FREE in Chicago Right Now:
1. See the biggest Tiffany dome at the Chicago Cultural Center.
2. Touch a rock from The Great Pyramids on the Tribune Tower walls.
3. See a 1957 Cadillac de Ville covered in concrete.
4. Visit the Lincoln Park Conservatory.
5. Stop by the DuSable Museum of African American History.
6. See the Sh*t Fountain in UkrainianVillage.
7. See all the animals at Lincoln Park Zoo.
8. Stop by the Gallagher house and the Ball house from Shameless.
9. Visit the National Museum of Mexican Art.
10. See famous Chicago graves at Graceland Cemetery.
11. See the Buddha heads in Lincoln Park.
12. Walk the full Lakefront Trail.
13. See Dorothy and Toto at Oz Park.
14. Walk through the Garfield Park Conservatory.
15. Stop under the Education Pavilion in Lincoln Park.
16. Check out Walt Disney’s Birthplace in Hermosa Park.
17. Hang out at Montrose Beach.
18. Take a picture at the Greetings from Chicago Mural.
19. See the Fountain of Time in Washington Park.
20. Bike The 606 Trail.
21. Find the carved Mermaid.
22. Take pictures at The Bean (Cloud Gate) in Millennium Park.
23. Visit the Smart Museum of Art at The University of Chicago.
24. Tour along the Chicago Riverwalk.
25. Relax by the Buckingham Fountain.
26. Visit the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago (for Illinois residents) on a Tuesday.
27. Take a free walking tour of the Loop.
28. See the Robin Williams Mural in Logan square.
Are any of your favorite spots on this list?
Comment below so we can build the ultimate free Chicago itinerary and inspire more people to travel to Chicago no matter their budget. A fun and fulfilling trip doesn’t need to be super expensive and these Chicago attractions can help you fill your itinerary.
Is Chicago expensive to visit?
Chicago has options for a variety of budgets. If you’re interested and having a more affordable trip to Chicago, I made a budget friendly Chicago Travel Guide available. I’ve even created a list with 25+ free activities all found within Chicago. Use my free in Chicago posts to fill your Chicago trip with no cost events around the city.
Is Chicago, Illinois worth visiting?
Can I see Chicago in three days?
Your trip to Chicago, Illinois should be a minimum of three days. Depending on what your interests are, there is so much to do in the city and you can fill a weeklong itineraries with so many different and fun attractions. I’ve created a jampacked 72 hour Chicago, Illinois itinerary for you to follow as well as a Chicago Travel Guide that shares free attractions across the city.
Are there any free attractions in Chicago?
There are a ton of free events always happening around Chicago, Illinois. I’ve created a list with 25+ no cost admission attractions around Chicago, Illinois as well as a whole section on my blog with free and budget friendly things to do around the city.
Leave a Comment