Travel•Free Travel Guides
10+ Free Activities in Des Moines, Iowaby jazminmarie United States, Iowa, Des Moines
Planning a trip to Des Moines, Iowa doesn’t have to be expensive. One of my favorite activities is visiting free admission locations while only spending money on food. (Hello budget traveling!) I listed some fun things that you can enjoy in Des Moines, Iowa that are all free. Use this list to fill your Des Moines itinerary with fulfilling activities that won’t break the bank. Here are some free things to do today near Des Moines:
Free Admission Activities in Des Moines, Iowa
1. Enjoy a tour of the Iowa State Capitol.
2. Walk along the Des Moines Sky Walks.
3. Make time for the Moberg Gallery.
4. Stroll through the history of a 100+ years at the Central Library.
5. Enjoy a 4.4 acre sculpture park at Pappajohn Sculpture Park.
6. Admire art at the Des Moines Art Center.
7. Stop by the Ankeny Art Center.
8. Tour the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates.
9. Check out the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum.
10. Take photos at the Better Homes & Gardens Test Garden.
11. Bike the Carl Voss Trail.
Looking for Other Things to do in Iowa?
If you’re planning a trip across the United States or maybe just across Iowa, I’m the girl for you! I am a Chicago local that shares fun, free and unique activities in the Midwest and across the United States. You can see you more free U.S. itineraries here.
Leave a Comment